A Stay in the Duchess Room, Old Registry, Haworth


A while ago I decided to stay in Haworth as often as I can. One or two night getaway to my favourite village makes me happy; to me waking up in Haworth is something life is worth living for. The last time it happened was a month ago - Sunday, 30 October, the day before Halloween. G and I arrived at the village about 11 o'clock, and after a good English breakfast at the recently refurbished "Villette" cafe, we headed for the moor to do a little portrait photo shoot with G being my model! (blog post to follow in not a very distant future, I hope).
Back in the village we watched and followed the Halloween Parade, and then it was time to check in to our room at the Old Registry Bed & Breakfast - the Duchess Room.


Our room was on the first floor, its window to the left of the skeleton in this image.



The scene next door outside the "Sleeping House" Bed & Breakfast. This was the Halloween Parade starting point.


Our beautiful and elegant room with its super comfy antique half tester king size bed. I was really impressed by the beautiful lacquer finish wood of the canopy frame and bed footer.


The room's chocolate and cream decor is both simple and classy.


Loved the dark crocodile skin effect wallpaper and the two original portrait paintings on either side of the bed, .....


......the heavy, gold, velvet curtains and all the antique furniture.


It was the first time that I stayed in a room overlooking the gorgeous cobbled Main Street, and that was one of the highlights of renting this room for me.


 I opened the sash window and leant out to take a shot or two.


The large luxury ensuite with its lovely wood paneling.....


......and whirlpool bath with stained glass side panel.


We thoroughly enjoyed staying in this room where you do start to feel a bit like a very important person.


We woke up to a rather misty Halloween morning which soon turned into a beautiful, sunny and warm autumn day.


Heading downstairs to breakfast I stopped to admire some detail in the entrance hall.


The old black and white framed photos of people on the wall near the front door particularly caught my attention.


This is the restaurant bar. I took this shot from our breakfast table. I really like the Victorian red, the old radio and the hats on the top shelf.


Another corner of the room we had breakfast in. There is always lovely music playing here - an eclectic, but very tasteful mixture of old songs.


There are two more rooms in this most charming and romantic restaurant,......


.......each full of old fashioned and interesting ornaments carefully placed for maximum impact. Just look at those war medals hanging off the deer antlers.


I just love this corner. It perfectly sums up the romantic and intimate character of the place and the whole hotel.

The breakfast was delicious, very high quality, just like evening meals are too. (In fact, this restaurant is rated as the best place to eat in Haworth and completely deserves it) Soon after breakfast we were ready to leave for our planned autumn walk around Oxenhope, which we have been looking forward to very much.

This was my second stay at the Old Registry. The first time I stayed here was back in April for my birthday, when I treated myself to the lovely Lilac Room. Without a doubt, I will be back here. In fact, I want to check out all of the rooms at this special B&B.





Comments

  1. Such a beautiful place! I'd love to spend some time there...

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    http://www.reveriesbramblesscribbles.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always lovely to see Haworth through your eye's Vesna. And I'm so tempted to book here for my own birthday next June. It looks wonderful. Looking forward to seeing your photo shoot on the moors.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jacquie, I'm sure you'd love Old Registry, and I highly recommend it. x

      Delete
  3. how beautiful this room is !
    fogy morning is gorgeous .
    i too loved this corner most inviting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work at all. I like this post very much. This information is very useful and very beneficial for me. This post gave me a lot of knowledge about us.

    The Biggest Software Store
    GrowDot

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023