Lone Tree And Quarry Mound, aka Rabbit Hill, Haworth

The weather has been very inclement with a lot of high winds and torrential rain causing floods all over West Yorkshire. Kirkstall, just around the corner from where I live has been affected, as well as my beloved Haworth. Owing to this I have felt like working on a dramatic and atmospheric image. I shot this one in Haworth, back in April. It is a scene you see from the path behind the Bronte Parsonage, which leads to the main road and is on the route of many Bronte Country walks starting at the parsonage. How I wish I lived there so I could just quickly nip out with my camera to capture that fleeting light and those elusive moods as they occur! Maybe one day if I am lucky enough. For now, most of the time I have to rely on my imagination and creative ability to reproduce that sort of feel out of mundane shots.

Edited image

Original 

I applied two textures from the brand new Distressed Textures pack called "Artist Palette Seasons", and a free grunge clouds texture I found on Flickr:


It is the sort of shot that can be processed in many ways and depending on inspiration I am likely to use it again to create a completely different type of image.





Comments

  1. Love your treatment fo the photo Vesna.
    That hill was instantly recognisable to mum and I as "rabbit hill"....a spot popular for sledging when I was a child.
    Happy new year
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jacquie. Yes, I just learned on Facebook that lovely nickname for the mound.
      Happy New Year to you too! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023