Christmas Still Life with Panettone

It may seem easy to select some objects for a Christmas still life with so many different decorations, options and possibilities around, but it is not the case with me. I have to think quite hard because I am not interested in any of the usual material like baubles, Santas, snowmen, or anything gaudy or glittery or modern. As usual, I like natural or hand made things, and anything traditionally used to mark Christmas as holiday.
I thought this time I would go for food as the main focus of my photo, and I chose panettone . It is originally an Italian sweet and aromatic bread prepared for Christmas, but it is also very popular in other parts of the world, England being one of them. I like its shape and simple look (and the taste, for that matter!), as well as the texture inside. I paired it with some traditional symbols of the festive season - spiced oranges and nuts, and for a bit of splash of red colour I used poinsettia leaves and a few cranberries, both very Christmassy additions.
And I knew from the start that I wanted to use my candle bridge to create a warm and intimate mood. In fact, the candle bridge was the first thing that sprang to my mind as I planned the image. I am quite pleased about its role in the composition.
In post processing I wanted to enhance the festive feel so I gently applied a texture layer with tiny little stars. And that was it. Another Christmas still life was happily created.



*A very happy Christmas to all my readers and visitors!*





Comments

  1. It's beautiful Vesna. I love Panettone...is it all gone now :0)
    Merry Christmas to you too.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jacqui, glad you like it. Best wishes to you! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023