A Return to Darley

I was so lucky to have had an opportunity to go back so soon to this most charming of Yorkshire Dales villages, and this time it was with our dearest friends Liz and Dave. We have had a really great summer this year and that day it was just another glorious day. We walked down to the river Nidd and did a circular walk back to the village. Then we had a lovely meal in the Darley Mill Centre restaurant followed by a bit of shopping. It was one of the most memorable days of my life! Here is a selection of photos all taken with my camera except for the first one which I took with my mobile. It was early afternoon and a sunny summer day at that time of the day is not my favourite time to shoot seen as the light is very harsh and contrasty. I tried to tame it a bit in the post processing. I have recently acquired some actions so I played with them in post processing too. My favourite image is the one with the old English red post box. Like I said to my friend who stood next to me as I was taking it - "this has got to be my photo of the day - a great subject with a beautiful countryside backdrop" and he agreed.









 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023